Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Starting

I'm starting to figure out that days will pass, whether I'm ready or not. Life will happen, whether I'm participating or not. So, I'm making choices to continue our lives, as hard as it is to do without Steve. Honestly, a lot of times, there doesn't seem to be much point to any of it without him. But, I know the clock is ticking and there is a lot to be done. I'm beginning to make some plans for the future. I want to make a difference in the world. One of my favorite quotes is "If your presence doesn't make an impact, you're absence won't make a difference." Steve's presence definitely made an impact and his absence has definitely made a difference. I need to find a way for him to remain present.

I've been thinking about Steve's ministry.  He was very talkative and that worked great for his ability to minister to people. I'm not talkative at all! As a matter of fact, I would much rather just text someone than have to actually talk. He used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there. I don't think he ever told anyone, other than me, but he really wanted to become an evangelist for The CMA; he just couldn't work towards that goal yet because of our financial situation.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures
The video explains each charity and what they do.
Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.

I'm explaining all of this to say that I will be adding a donation button on this blog and our company website as soon as I can get the website people to do it. The donation button will allow you to donate to Run for the Son, in memory of Steve. I'll notify everyone when the button has been added.
This is Steve during Blessing of the Bikes 2012. Steve is the bald guy in the blue shirt and black sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment