Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Thursday, October 10, 2013

His Bible

I went through Steve's Bibles tonight and found a letter I had written to him in July 1996; we had only been married 6 months. The first year of our marriage was pretty rough, but no one that knows us would ever know that. We had a better marriage than everyone we knew. We even considered writing a book about marriage from our perspective.

I also found a page where Steve had written a list of baby boy names. I used to write out baby names that we were considering, but I didn't know he did. He wanted to name a boy Stephen Wesley. As a matter of fact, it was just while he was in the hospital that he was telling our oldest daughter that we had picked that name if we had another boy.

Tomorrow will be one month since he died, I miss him like crazy. Worse, I know that I will never stop missing him; this feeling is here forever. A lot of things might get easier, but missing him won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment