Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Friday, October 18, 2013

In black and white

I can stay depressed and grieving or I can try to move on.
As long as I'm grieving somehow I feel like I'm closer to Steve because I'm not letting go. If I have a decent day where I'm not crying all day, I feel like I'm further away from him.

I can alienate myself further to keep from getting hurt or I can join in on life completely and risk getting hurt. 
If I alienate myself I feel like I'm protecting myself from having to be this hurt again, but If I continue to do it this way then I miss out on the people that are left. I don't feel like I should enjoy the people who are left because Steve can't.

I guess when it comes down to it, I'm upset that Steve moved on without me and if I let go of the grief then I move on without him. I'm apparently not ready to accept that no matter what I do I can't be with him anymore. Somehow I think that as long as I'm connected to him through the grief he won't forget me and I won't forget him.

No comments:

Post a Comment