Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Sunday, October 6, 2013

"Hope in Front of Me"

So, I ordered Danny Gokey's book "Hope in Front of Me" and I began reading it this morning; I'm on chapter 8 now. It always amazes me when other people have experienced what I'm going through and we all end up with the same questions and similar regrets. He said something in chapter 5 "Faith held on to me because I no longer had the strength or the will to hold on to it."  That hit me like a ton of bricks because I know that is where I have been in all of this. I am slowly beginning to accept that I will not get the answers and it is ALWAYS going to seem like we were robbed of what should have been. I know I should just be thankful for the time we had, but I'm just too selfish for that right now. I'm accepting that in order to keep from going crazy I am going to have to stay incredibly busy. Most of all I'm starting to accept that even though I'm mad, there is some reason I'm still here. I have no idea why yet, but there has to be a reason and I need to find what that reason is. I need to raise these kids the way Steve would have helped me raise them; now I just do it alone. These realizations do not change much; I'm crying as I write this. The realizations simply give me another reason to get up and function every day.

I have been telling myself that no matter what, I have to trust that God has some plan, as bad as I think this plan sucks, I'm not God. This internal conversation keeps me held together about 75% of the time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment