Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Counseling

I took the plunge and made an appointment with a counselor at a local Christian counseling organization. My first appointment was last night. I have never been to counseling before, so this was all new to me. She said I understand your husband died, how long ago was that? So, I started explaining. It took about 2 seconds for the tears to start falling from my eyes and about 2 minutes until she was crying too. When I got through the story all she could say was I'm sorry. She told me that she didn't even know how to help me and asked me if I still wanted to continue with weekly appointments. She did say my pain has made her re-think how she will treat her own husband. So I guess I paid for her to discover that life is never certain.

That definitely wasn't helpful. I just rehashed everything leading up to his death and his death with this woman and she has no idea how to help me.

I know I can try another counselor, but I have no desire to "try out" other counselors when I have to re-explain all this pain every time I see a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment