Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Family dynamics

Nothing can prepare you for the craziness that happens within your family after you lose your spouse. The majority of our family has been great, but I'm noticing there are 4 factions.

The "I want to help you" group, this is where the majority of my family falls. They are doing anything and everything they can to help me and I know I can count on them to continue as long as I need them.

The "I want to help you, BUT" group. These are the people who really would like to help but they can't really come around as often as they would like to because of work, distance, or other priorities. I have a couple of these family members and I understand where they are coming from

The "I want" group. Unfortunately some of these have surfaced. This is pretty self-explanatory, but I'll dive in just a little bit. There are some who want to tell me what I should be doing. There are some who want me to give them things that belonged to Steve.

Finally, the "when is all the attention going to get off you and back on me" group. These are definitely interesting people. I certainly would not wish this kind of attention on my worst enemy. I would gladly give it all up to have Steve back.

Some family has chosen to pretend that my girls and I are not here anymore either and that's o.k. If it makes it easier on them to deal with.

I am forever grateful to the members of my family and my friends who have done everything they can to continue to help us through this. I can't mention you all by name now, because that would just be awkward if I forgot one, you would think I put you in another category.


No comments:

Post a Comment