Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Friday, October 11, 2013

Hopelessness

I had really hoped that I was starting to move forward, but today has proven me wrong. I'm so angry one minute and the next my heart is breaking all over again. Trying to keep myself and the kids extremely busy was working, at least I thought it was. I don't want to forget him or diminish who he was to us, but I can't function if I'm not working towards something. Apparently some days, I'm just going to fall apart anyway and I was really hoping that I was done with feeling this much pain.

I went to bed at 11:00 p.m. last night, but I couldn't go to sleep til 1am and then I woke up a little after 5a.m. The night he died just kept replaying in my head; trying to remember if he said anything as I walked out the door. We had already said goodnight and then he asked me for the plastic cup and we discussed that, so I just don't remember yet what the last thing he said to me was.

I always thought life was great here on earth, but it is totally different now and it's not so great anymore. I really miss him and I just want us back.

I hear so many stories of women whose husbands have died and shortly after, their husbands are giving them "signs". Well, I don't know if I even believe that could or would happen because I can't find any basis for that in the Bible. I do know Steve isn't giving me any signs.

I have a feeling this is going to be a really long battle and a few days ago, I thought I might be able to fight it, but today I don't even want to fight this battle anymore. I'm tired and I just want him back. I want God ,in all his power, to just put him back in the middle of my living room and let him stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment