Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Beloved

"Here is what Steve put on my Facebook wall September 4, 2012. 
You have captured my heart,
my treasure, my bride.
You hold it hostage with one glance of your eyes,
with a single jewel of your necklace.
Your love delights me,
my treasure, my bride.
Your love is better than wine,
your perfume more fragrant than spices.
Your lips are as sweet as nectar, my bride.
Honey and milk are under your tongue.
Song of Solomon 4:9-11

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a wonderful day, anything I can do to make it Great just let me know.
I love you my Beloved."


He always called me his Beloved; Amy means Beloved. For the past couple of years I have been planning to have Beloved tattooed on my foot, but I was just trying to decide exactly how I wanted it. About 6 months ago, Steve and I had a discussion about using both of our thumbprints to make the B. This is another big regret, that I didn't do it while he was here. He would have loved to take me to do it. 
I realize a lot of you probably don't agree with tattoo's and that is fine. When I read the Bible, I see that it's not o.k. to get a tattoo in remembrance of the dead and when Jesus returns he will have something written on his thigh. So, I may still get the word beloved tattooed on my foot, but now I plan to put his fingerprint on a necklace. 

I really wish I could have these memories and just be thankful for being able to have them, but again it all leads back to realizing how good he was to me and thinking of a thousand things I should have done for him. 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment