Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sanity

I think the worst part of grief is the feeling that I'm losing my sanity. There are so many facets to this and just when I think I moved past one facet or at least found something I can tell myself to get through, it starts over again. I start to ask the exact same questions again wondering why I can't find ANY ANSWER good enough to convince myself to move beyond that question and on to another one. Of all the questions I have, the biggest one is Why doesn't God realize how much I need his help right now? Why isn't he giving me answers to some of these questions; they cannot ALL be explained away with "God's ways are mysterious and we just won't know til we get to Heaven."
I have never been someone who puts God in a box. He created everything by his words, he formed man from dust and breathed life into him; It may sound naive, but I just don't see anything that God can't do. So, I sit here wondering why some people get revelations regarding their questions, but I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment