Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

3 Months

It's been 3 months and time is moving too slow. I still find myself looking for him when I wake up in the morning. He was up before me a lot because of business meetings, but you would think by now, I would know he's not going to be sitting in the living room when I get up.

Sleeping is actually the best part of my day because there is always a chance I will see him in my dreams. It's a double edged sword because sometimes the dreams are so real and great that when I wake up I'm devastated that they aren't real, but sometimes the dreams are so comforting that I'm just grateful to have had it.

Since Monday was our 18 year anniversary I really really wanted to have one of those comforting dreams. I know it's not really him in the dream, but it doesn't change the fact that in some way beyond explanation it comforts me to see him and talk to him in my dreams. I haven't dreamed of him in the last 4 days, not even on our anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment