Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Red

Our son and daughter in law had decided to give me a pedicure for my late birthday present. Steve was in the hospital on my birthday, so everything was on hold. Today, my daughter in law asked if we could go get the pedicures. I never had a problem picking a color of polish because Steve always liked Red. So, I ALWAYS got red; I liked it too. The whole time we were driving to the nail salon, I thought about the color I would pick. Something so simple is now a major decision to me because now, no one cares what color my nail polish is. I tried to pick another color, just because I have never picked another color. I chose an orange color I thought, but after it was on, it still looks like a red.
As I drove up to my house and looked at the windows, I found myself hoping that I would open the door and see him sitting in his chair. As soon as I walked in the door after a pedicure, he would say "let me see." But, again reality smacks me in the face when I walk into the house and he's not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment