Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

New Approach

It was suggested to me that I start taking a new approach to blogging. I have always found writing therapeutic, but I tend to censor what I publish for others. I wait until I have stored up a ton of emotions and then I kind of throw up on the page. So, here goes.

Today was a decent day. I was busy all day long, which makes life easier. I still find sleeping to be the best part of life, so when a day is crammed full it makes the day go faster. I still dream of Steve pretty often, so sleeping is a nice escape from reality for me.

The good in today: I had my hair colored today; I can't stand it when my hair starts showing the gray. My oldest daughter called, my son and nephew came to see me, and I attempted to talk to a friend about 5 different times today. Attempting to talk to a friend doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm very introverted and I never make phone calls, so it was a step for me. I also voted today.


The major thought processes today:  1. Somehow I have to get my brain functioning again. I keep forgetting everything and that's not going to work out in law school very well.
2. As much as I thought I was getting over questioning God, I realized when talking to someone that I am still questioning Him in some ways. Someone made the statement that a certain situation didn't have to be the way it is; we could pray for God to intervene and change it.  I know God could definitely do it, but would He.

No comments:

Post a Comment