Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August 6, 2014

Today was pretty busy again. I was at one of our client's sites most of the day doing random testing. I love busy days, except that I feel guilty for being away from my kids when I'm so busy.

The good in today. My son helped me with work and then he went with me to grief share. I have been attending grief share on Wednesday evenings for a while. I think it helps to go. Sometimes it helps more than others. A friend sent me a text to see how I was doing today. I also had a lot of company for lunch today, which was nice.

The thoughts of today: A question that was posed to me today Someone asked what I think about sightings of our dead loved ones. I have ALWAYS insisted that it's not possible because 2 Corinthians 5:8 says that when we are absent from the body we are present with God and Luke 23:43 Jesus tells the thief, today you will be with me in Paradise. I have used these two scriptures to base my beliefs on regarding our loved ones spirits.

Someone told me today that their two year old grandson keeps pointing and saying Paw Paw. Paw Paw died a few months ago. I have heard this kind of thing from several people. It's usually children that allegedly see the spirit, but I've talked to a few widows that say they have seen their husband's spirit as well. So, I began to wonder, if maybe I'm wrong. I have been proven wrong in a major ways regarding my faith already, so maybe I need to do some more searching on this issue. It is horrible to think that maybe I'm missing something I should be seeing.

The only scripture I can find that make it a possibility is the same scripture people use to tell me that there is no marriage in heaven. Matthew 22:30 tells us that after death we are like God's Angels. Angels appear to people, so if we are like Angels then maybe it happens.  Genesis 28:12 is where Jacob dreamed about the ladder that led to heaven. Many people claim that ladder was a portal (do a search, you will see what I mean) which allowed Angels to descend and ascend between the 3rd Heaven and here without interference from demonic forces. Heavenly Portals? It all sounds so sci fi.

I really don't know what I think on this subject right now. I believe that those kids are seeing something; whether it is the real spirit of their loved one visiting them or whether it is an Angel that looks like their loved one, I don't know.

Either way, I wonder why I haven't had the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment