Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Sunday, August 10, 2014

August 10, 2014

I completed my first assignment today. Can you believe I have two assignments due during orientation week? I've been reading a book that is required for one of my classes, it's called The Other Wes Moore. It has been pretty interesting so far.

The good in today:  I got pulled over by a police officer today. It's the first time in years I have been pulled over. I didn't do anything wrong. When I bought my car it came without a bracket on the front of it to put a license plate. I don't know how to put a license plate bracket on my car, so I've never bothered with it. Apparently in Missouri, you have to have a front and back license plate. Of course, I had taken my Driver's license out of my purse the other day because I needed to take it into the gym with me and I forgot to put it back in my purse. The only ID I had on me was my CCW and my Private Investigator's license. Thankfully I had my son, the cop, in the car with me. It also didn't hurt that the officer had just graduated with his Masters from Lindenwood and I also received my Masters at Lindenwood so after we talked about all that, he didn't even write a ticket. Woot!

Thought process today: I'm overwhelmed at how much there is to do. I have been with my kids every day for the last 8 years. Even when I had to go on an investigation assignment for a few hours, I left them with their Dad. I feel guilty knowing that I will be spending so much time focusing on school for the next 3 years. I know it the end it will better our lives, but for now it is a sacrifice I wish they didn't have to make.
I'm not a social happy hour kind of person. I would rather go to dinner with a friend or two than to hang out in a bar with a group of people. It's not my thing. I don't drink and I don't enjoy large social functions. Orientation week has 3 social happy hour type events and all of them are mandatory. So, I will have to spend days and evening away from my kids this week and I will most likely miss their karate belt ceremony because of one of these stupid events. Somehow, I think by the time you reach law school these events should not be mandatory. The only optional event in the whole week, is the interfaith prayer breakfast. It is however mandatory that I sit with a bunch of people getting drunk. Just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment