Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

Today was my first full day of classes. It was a VERY long day with a lot of information flying at me. I enjoyed most of the classes, but I really wish I could have made my own schedule. I could have better managed my time.

The good in today: I attended all my classes and completed all my homework AND I made it home in time to take my kids to karate.

Thought process: Parenting alone is hard work. I didn't realize how difficult going to school full time and single parenting would be emotionally and mentally. I feel horrible and I consider giving up at least 10 times a day because I never have any real quality time to spend with the girls anymore. When I'm home I am doing homework ALL THE TIME. This is just the beginning of law school, so I can only imagine what the future holds. I know that the girls watching me do this will hopefully give them the drive to go far in their education. Sometimes, I just wonder if I'm making a mistake in my timing. There are + and - on both sides and here again is another time that I would love to talk to Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment