Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August 11 and 12

Yesterday was the 11 month anniversary of Steve's death.  Yesterday was also the first day of law school. It is definitely very intimidating, but I haven't quit yet so that's a plus. There are around 170 in our class and I met and spoke to 2  that are close to my age. One is a Part time evening student and the other is a day student in a different section. Which means at least 3 of us did something else with our younger years and decided to go to law school a little later.

I have been parking in my $105 a month parking spot. I wish I owned a 200 sq ft piece of property that someone paid $105 a moth for. Does this really look like it's worth $105 a month?

Today, I went to my first full day of school and my Mom came over to help the girls while I was gone. It went o.k. until I got home. For some reason my 9 year old thinks her world is crashing if she gets even one thing wrong on her homework. If she pronounces a word wrong and I try to explain it or if she multiplies a math problem wrong and I mark it wrong on the paper, she cries. It's not like a I'm mad at you cry, it's like she thinks she's a failure if she gets something wrong. So, when I walked in the door she was just realizing that she did a math problem wrong and she had a melt down. She has severe dyslexia, so you can imagine how often she reads something wrong. This is becoming a major problem. My emotional state isn't the greatest right now, so when she cries, I cry. It was a mess. Hopefully this will get easier.

Tomorrow is Service Project Day

No comments:

Post a Comment