Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Friday, November 29, 2013

NOW

Since my life has become undone, I find myself being unable to plan anything. The problem is not that I'm too busy with work or have such a social life, I can't fit anything in; the problem is planning requires thought. Thought requires consciously admitting that my plans will no longer include my husband.

My Mom and I were talking about Thanksgiving dinner the other day and she needed to count how many people would be there. I immediately began what I always do, I count by family household and I start with counting my 4 ... then it hits me that now it's 3 and I am completely overwhelmed again. I wanted to order tickets to a friends event, and before I thought about it I said I need 4 tickets but as soon as I sent the message IT HIT ME, I only need 3 tickets now.

Right or wrong, it has become necessary for me to only consider the moment I am in. Thinking about tomorrow or next week is too difficult and if I even consider what happens in a few years when my girls are grown and gone, IT ALL UNRAVELS. Now is all I can even begin to accept and live in. I think it's an improvement, a small one, but still an improvement over living every second in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment