Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Beauty and Pain

I'm still stuck in this wave; grieving the loss of who Steve was to me. No one could ever accuse me of being a feminist because I miss how he made me feel like his prized possession. He was not possessive; he let me do whatever I wanted, but he made it known that I was his. I was safe as long as I was with him.

I miss the way he protected me; not just physically but emotionally. He knew how to help me. It is an amazing thing when you are so in sync with someone that they know what your heart means, even when your words say something different. We truly were ONE!

It's unbelievable how some things will take me by surprise and be almost impossible for me to do. Yesterday was really hard for me. I don't even think it was the fact that we weren't doing our annual tradition that got to me, it was that I was going to spend time with other family members and he wasn't there. Complete emptiness where there was once presence. 

It's both beautiful and painful to have loved and been loved like that.

1 comment:

  1. You are incredibly blessed to have experienced such security and oneness. I cannot help but believe that God intended all marriages to be like this.

    He is so good, and the residuals of His blessings continue to surround you.

    ReplyDelete