Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

No Limits!

So, I have been asked out by a few different men over the last few months and I have swiftly directed them to read the blog or just said I'm never getting into another relationship. Most of them just walk away.

One very persistent man wanted to debate me as to why, and I gave him my reasons. He kept asking me over and over if I realized I was limiting God. While talking to him I explained that I am not limiting God, God can and will do whatever he wants, obviously. I just have a hard time believing that God is going to bring another man into this chaotic life I have AND that man would be happy to be a part of it.

I got to thinking, is that how I'm coming across through this blog, that I'm limiting God's ability to do anything? Just to make it very clear:

I AM NOT LIMITING GOD! 

It is not possible for me to limit God anyway, who am I? I understand the reasoning behind the question. I appear to be so set on my opinion and I'm unwilling to change. That is not true. I have an opinion based on valid concerns. I do not question God's abilities. I question the intentions and abilities of people, but not God. Men, just like women, are everywhere; it's not hard to find one, if you are looking. The problem is a lot of people today are selfish and don't want to be burdened with other peoples issues. I had a wonderful, caring man and I have no intentions of going backwards. So here is my deal with God, "if you plan for me to be with another man then you put it together, but you're going to have to show me because until you reveal it to me, I am planning on doing this alone."

I realize that it is hard for most people to understand my position, but it is what it is. I also understand that God has plans bigger than I can imagine and until he lets me in on them, I'm just doing what I think is right. I'm doing things to better me and my kids and our future. This is my position on everything in my life, not just this one issue. I have decided it is ALL surrendered to the One who controls it all.  

I hope I have cleared up any confusion. Quite simply, God is in control of all of it!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment