Sun

Sun
Stand in the Sun with Me

Run for the Son

Steve used his love for motorcycles to be involved with the Christian Motorcycle Association and he loved the opportunities for ministry there.

The CMA puts on an event every year called Run for the Son where they raise money to donate to three Christian charities.
1. Open Doors
2. The Jesus Film
3. Missionary Ventures

Steve told me that on average every dollar that is donated to Run for the Son means 1 person is brought to Christ. That's an amazing return on investment, in my opinion. $1 = 1 soul.
I have added this donation button so that you can donate to Run for the Sun in memory of Steve Ashbrook. He would be very honored. Thank you.

Run for the Son, in memory of Steve Ashbrook

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Journey of Faith

So I have had a policy of not really discussing the nitty gritty of how I feel with people. I have a couple of select people I discuss stuff with and that's it. Here is why:

Christians tend to think they know everything. I know because I used to be the same way. If you haven't figured out that you don't know everything yet, just wait, unfortunately tragedy happens to all of us.

Here is the circle logic that I have heard
1. God didn't cause this, but he allowed it
2. God controls everything
3. God Loves you
4. It wasn't God's will for Steve to die
5. Give it all to God, he will use it for his glory
6. He allows bad things to happen to us, so that we can help other people going through the same issues.
7. You are turning your back on God and you're going to Hell. (Because of my questions)

With the exception of numbers 6 and 7, those statements all sound good on the surface, but when you put 1-6 together, it's a circle. AND How do you say God Loves me (number 3) and then condemn me to Hell (number 7)  in the same breathe JUST BECAUSE I HAVE QUESTIONS!

I will be the first to admit, I do not know much, but here's what I think I know. Romans 10: 9 & 10 gives us specific instructions for salvation and I do not believe my questions make me believe Romans 10: 9 & 10 any less. I do believe that many people walk around this world calling themselves Christians and all they really are is sheep that follow along without having any idea why they believe what they do.

During one of my lowest points, a friend told me that God expects us to question what we believe. How else will we ever really know? Maybe it is in seeking the real answers, instead of the canned ones, that I will finally find some peace. I'm sorry it has been 16 months and I haven't found the answers yet, but I'm still looking for them. I haven't given up trying to find them.

I have some tough questions and I realize no one has most of the answers. That's why I don't discuss it. However, I think everyone should be aware that this kind of grief is not a choice. It is not like I have decided that this is where I stop in my journey to finding out what I believe, I will probably be on this journey for a while.

I fairly sure that this Journey of Faith doesn't condemn me to Hell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment